Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What? Are you kidding me?


I had no idea…I didn’t know it! Did you know it? 
 
I had no idea that His love could make me feel so complete that nothing else could matter. Like…nothing…life, school, work, money…nothing.

Maybe you've heard me say that we all have that moment…when we realize that we are nothing without Him. He will lovingly tap us on the shoulder again and again until we turn around and say “Jesus! Were you there this whole time?” (praying He didn’t see some of the things we’d said and done).

He’s patiently tapping us on the shoulder…sometimes if you’re hard-headed, He whacks you over the head with a 2x4….and then there’s those like me…He came in like a wrecking ball. (I won’t sing that for you…)

 

Brothers and Sisters, I never dreamed my children would wear their Dad’s ashes around their necks. I never dreamed I’d carry and miscarry 22 babies in my body. I never dreamed I’d have a “lump of something awesome” growing on my brain…(my list could go on, if I focused on the crazy life I’ve had) but you know…it all boils down to this: I needed some Jesus! Now that doesn’t mean that the hard times won’t come…they will.

Accepting Christ, becoming a Christian, doesn’t come with the free toaster oven…You don’t get a brand new car! Ok so we may still be driving that same old broken down station wagon…bald tires, radio knobs are missing, bent antenna, and spring sticking up outta the seat that pokes you in the behind and makes you talk to Jesus…but let me tell you Sisters…

NOW we’ve got AAA!

So there are days that I may appear to be running in fields of wild flowers, filled with joy and laughter…You may believe that I found it…that I knew it…that one thing that makes nothing else matter. Yep!  I am surrounded with love and laughter...and every day is an adventure. But that’s not always accurate…He’s going to bring me to trials that are going to stretch me in ways that are excruciating…so uncomfortable. But when He stops chiseling away all the ugly things in me, does that mean He sees no more potential in me? Well I say CHISEL AWAY!

What He chiseled me into:

Back in 2008, He’s made me a PWOC sister.

I'm the sister that shows up at birthday parties, celebrates each milestone and cries alongside you with joy. I'm the sister that remembers your anniversary, your birthday, and to just call to say "hello" and "I love you"...l'm the sister that surprises you with an unexpected gift, a word of encouragement, a Scripture that reminds me of you. I will text you words of encouragement, remind you that you're so so loved, and call you up just to hear you giggle. If you ask me, I'll coach you to achieve something, I'll hold you accountable, and I'll remind you where your focus should be when you're having a pity-party. I'll listen, I'll pray, I'll think of you. I'll tell others how awesome you are, so they love you like I do. I'll encourage you to stop focusing on your tiny flaws and see the great person that I see. I'll not just love you, but I'll love your parents, your spouse, your kids, and your crazy relatives too.

I will hold my breath as you open your letter from the university and hold your hand while you get your news from the doctor. I will deliver baked goods, and food, and send flowers to you for goofy reasons. I will send tissues and funny notes to you in another country. I will pay your power bill when you're unable and take you out to lunch when you need a pick-me-up. I'll giggle with you while we get facials and eat ice cream. I'll make you laugh until your stomach hurts and you wet yourself. I'll stand in for every single person in your life, that is missing, that is far away, or has passed on. I'll stand in for anyone who has ever hurt you and I will apologize to you and mean it. I'll cry with you as we explore those open wounds together and I'll help you to forgive them.

He gave me this message to deliver: l love you like no one else has ever loved you and more than anyone on this earth will ever love you again. You will know what it is to value yourself again. You will see yourself through My eyes. You are my beautiful beautiful child. You are royalty, by Blood, and no one and nothing can ever remove you from My hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment